The emergence of a heavily data-laden, work-from-anywhere world has prompted organizations to focus on cybersecurity as a top priority and ensure they are equipped with the knowledge needed to protect corporate and personal information. On February 16, 2023, join CPW’s Julia Jacobson and Kristin Bryan for the second day of Compliance Week’s Cyber Risk & Data Privacy Virtual Summit for timely discussions on the latest developments on regulatory issues and solutions to mitigate data breaches in today’s fast-changing cybersecurity landscape.
Julia Jacobson will start off the second day of the summit at 10:10 am EST with a session on “What’s on the Horizon: Metaverse and Beyond,” where she will:
- explore the ethical, privacy and security issues in this expanding virtual world;
- examine what types of personal information can be gathered; and
- discuss the need for new laws to be developed to mitigate privacy and security risks.
At 11:10 am EST, Kristin Bryan will provide her insights on the best practices companies can implement to mitigate and manage data breaches during the “Case Study: Effectively Manage a Data Breach; Proactive Planning for an Attack,” panel discussion, which assesses the:
- processes and tools that need to be considered to prevent a data breach;
- best practice tips on developing or improving incident response plans; and
- insights into the types of breaches currently seen and how other companies are responding to data breaches.