CPW’s Kristin Bryan joins two of Squire Patton Boggs’ policy experts – Beth Goldstein and Jeffrey Turner – to discuss one of the most critical pieces of privacy legislation in years, the American Data Privacy and Protection Act (ADPPA), for Lexology’s Masterclass series. This game-changing privacy legislation not only has potential far-reaching impact, but it could also be in effect within the next year. Join us for an insightful look at what this legislation means for businesses and consumers.
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
11 a.m. ET
- Current policy and political landscape in Congress and in state capitals
- Main provisions of the ADPPA
- Recent state legislative developments driving Congressional action
- Limitations on the Federal Trade Commission’s power to regulate privacy in the absence of federal legislation
- Ongoing litigation and future risks
- Sovereigns vs. corporate distinctions
We hope you can join us on December 7!