Last week, CPW’s Alan Friel and David Naylor were joined by Squire Patton Boggs employment and immigration lawyers Gregory Wald, Michael Kelly and Annabel Mace for timely webinar in connection with the British American Business Counsel. A recording of the webinar is now available at this link.
With the implementation of new regulations involving the handling of “HR data” across the US and the EU, transatlantic employers can expect to face unique challenges as they make efforts to incorporate these new regulations with existing procedures. In the coming months, managing data subject rights and business obligations that apply to HR data will be of the utmost importance for those involved in managing employees, hiring new talent, maintaining legal compliance, and/or overseeing a company’s overall operations.
Our team addressed the following topics:
- Insights and pitfalls of hiring globally, and the privacy/compliance matters related thereto
- How the UK and EU GDPR and data protection authorities impact US organizations, including intercompany and cross-border access and transfers
- The January 1, 2023 implementation of the full HR data requirements under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including data subject access rights
- Steps employers can take to safeguard HR data, manage data subject requests and prepare for enforcement actions
- An overview of US and UK employment verification and right-to-work compliance, and interplay with employee data protection
Stay tuned, as there are sure to be more developments to come. CPW will keep you in the loop.