By now you’ve probably heard of the death of the third-party cookie, or the so-called “cookieless future.” But what does the “cookieless future” really mean, and what are the implications for your business and its compliance with privacy laws and regulations?
Although the cookie now faces a slower and prolonged death – by the end of 2023 as opposed to the end of this year – cookie alternatives already exist in the market today and their prevalence will no doubt increase as new privacy regulations approach and as the market responds to privacy-focused consumers and organizations. Our program will empower you to understand and anticipate the issues arising out of your organization’s pivot toward a cookieless strategy.
Key topics will include:
– What is the cookieless future?
– Will individual tracking and targeted ads still be possible? How?
– Alternatives being offered by big tech, AdTech, and others
– Buzz words such as zero-party and second-party data, ID solutions, cleanrooms, and so on
– What are the CCPA/CPRA/CDPA and GDPR/e-Privacy compliance implications of the cookieless use cases and alternative solutions?
o Will CCPA “sales” and CPRA “sharing” be implicated? What about CDPA “targeted advertising”?
o Are current consent mechanisms (e.g., TCF 2.0) applicable?
Join Rosa Barcelo, Kyle Fath, Alan Friel, and Niloufar Massachi from Squire Patton Boggs’ global Data Privacy & Cybersecurity team as they look beyond-the-cookie. Register here for this must-attend FREE event.
Start: Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:00pm EST
End: Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 2:00pm EST