On April 5 Alan Friel, the Global Co-Chair of Squire Patton Boggs’ Data Privacy, Cybersecurity and Digital Assets Practice will present with Rebecca Perry, CIPP/US/G, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Exterro on Preparing for 2023—Tools and Tips to be Ready for New US Privacy Laws. The event will be hosted by Global Data Review.
The program will lay the legal foundation for new requirements under CA, CO and VA privacy laws, as well as evolving enforcement positions by the CA Attorney General, and examine data governance tools to help manage access rights and deletion requests, cookies and digital advertising, retention and destruction and impact assessments and purpose limitations.
Key takeaways will include:
- The new consumer rights and controller obligations
- The new contractual requirements for processors, service providers and contractors
- How to meet new retention schedule and limitation requirements
- Managing purpose limitations
- How the CA Attorney General views third party cookies
Registration is available here.